As the official representation of the United Republic of Tanzania, the Embassy cover all matters concerning diplomatic relations, and has the responsibility of promoting relations of friendship and co-operation between the governments and the peoples of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Nordic Countries, Baltic States & Ukraine.
The Embassy main pre-occupation is to promote Tanzania's economic and other interests. In this regard, the Embassy represents Tanzania’s interests in a range of areas, including, trade, finance, investment, security, tourism, as well as education, tourism and culture. It reaches out to potential investors, businesses, governmental and non-governmental entities, among others, in the area of accreditation and encouraging them to do business with Tanzania, visit tourist attractions, or do such other things with the aim of strengthening ties with Tanzania.
The embassy also works to safeguard interests of Tanzanians living in the area of accreditation.
Tanzania Embassy in Stockholm, Sweden runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Tanzanian, People of Nordic Countries, Baltic States & Ukraine.
A: Consular activities
- Visa issuance
- Renewal of passports for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Passport replacements for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Issuance of Emergence Travel documents (ETD) to Tanzania nationals abroad
- Receiving and forwarding of citizenship renunciation application forms and corresponding certificates
- Passport endorsements
- Providing advisory services to Tanzania nationals in problems
- Legalization of documents
B: Commercial activities
- Promotion of economic diplomacy
- Promotion of investments
- Promotion of tourism
- Facilitating co-operation between NGOs in Tanzania and NGOs in the area of accreditation.
- Conciliating cultural exchange between Tanzanian and the countries of accreditation.
The Embassy is located at Näsby Alle 6 near Näsby Park in Täby.